A Design Movement staff member created a discipleship curriculum about honoring your parents while following God’s call on your life. It is useful to read together with someone you are spiritually mentoring, or for personal study. It is a series of 6 topics (the first two provide a framework, while #3-6 are more topical), including:
- How do I obey both God and my parents when it seems like they want me to do different things?
- Godly Disobedience: Honoring Your Parents While Going Against Their Wishes
- Balancing my parents’ priorities for my life with my own: How should I spend my time?
- My parents often tell me “no” when I try to take steps of faith. What should I do?
- What is the Biblical View of Dating and Marriage?
- How do I honor my parents when it comes to dating/marriage?
Here is the curriculum to download in PDF format: Parents-Curriculum