These surveys were created by Design Movement staff for the purpose of coming alongside South Asian American students on campus. We have found it to work very well in creating meaningful conversations and even leading to conversations about what is the main message of Jesus.
Good News Survey (PDF that you can download & print, 4 per page)
Honor & Shame Survey (PDF)
Or, here are the questions:
Good News Survey
- If money were not an issue, what would you want to do with your life?
- What is an issue in the world that deeply concerns you?
- What is your faith background, and to what extent do you believe in it or follow it today?
- If you could ask God one question, what would it be?
- Jesus said He came to bring the gospel, which means “good news.” What do you think was good about His news?
Honor & Shame Survey
- What’s something that you’ve accomplished in your life that you’re really proud of? Why?
- What’s the greatest honor you have been given? How did it make you feel?
- Think of a time when you felt ashamed because of what others thought of you. How did you handle it?
- In your opinion, how does someone restore their sense of dignity?
- Do you think God has an opinion about this? What is it?